Saturday, July 18, 2009

Weekend Sketch Challenge

Good Saturday morning! I hope you are enjoying a fabulous start to your weekend! It's my birthday weekend, so I've got BIG plans! I started off making pancakes and sausage for breakfast with the kiddos. Then I completed the Weekend Sketch Challenge (WooHoo! Stamping=fun!). I'm going to squeeze in a couple hours of work in just a bit, and then go look at some laptops. Tomorrow we're going to browse the IKEA store that opened here in Tampa just 2 months ago. I suppose I'll have to throw some dishes and laundry in there somewhere, too. Drat! Monday is my 25th birthday (OK, it's really the 14th anniversary of my 25th birthday), and I'll be celebrating by going to work. LOL

Today's card is for the Weekend Sketch Challenge hosted by Lori. You can check out the sketch
here. My card base is Whisper White cardstock. I used a piece of Crushed Curry run through my Big Shot with the Finial Press embossing folder for the background. (I ran the envelope flap through with the same folder for a designer touch.) A strip of Melon Mambo polka-dot ribbon (it's really 2-sided! YAY! I used the solid side) is adhered across the middle of the card. Melon Mambo cardstock (my fave of the new In Colors) is topped by a piece of Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. The sentiment is from Oval All and the flower is from Razzle Dazzle. I used my In Color markers to color them. I punched it out with the Wide Oval punch (I used a sponge dauber and Crushed Curry to soften the Whisper White cardstock) and layered it on a piece of Rich Razzleberry that was run through my Big Shot with the Lots of Tags sizzlit. The tag piece is adhered with dimensionals.

This card is going to a fabulous friend of mine who I haven't seen in too long! I hope she enjoys it!

It's time for me to get to that work I mentioned earlier. LOL Have a fantastic day!

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Oval All, Razzle Dazzle. Ink- Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry. Paper- Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. Accessories- Big Shot, Finial Press embossing folder, Lots of Tags sizzlit, Wide Oval punch, Melon Mambo polka-dot ribbon.


Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't realize I could use the embossing folders on my envelope flap. What a cool idea!

Lori Craig said...

Gorgeous - love these colors together! Thanks for sketching!

carolm said...

fun card. i'm lovin' these new colors as well.

hope your bday weekend is stupendous!!!!!

glad you liked the card.

xoxoxo