Saturday, July 11, 2009

A rectangle from a square!

Happy Saturday!

Today I have a tutorial for you. I purchased the new SU! Exclusive Scallop Square die. I even made a square card with it. You can see it here. I wanted to be able to use it for a regular-sized card. I made a rectangle with the die that can be used on a regular A2 card. :) Click on any of the pictures for a larger look.


1. Cut a piece of cardstock to 5" X 4". Place on your die as shown and run through the Big Shot or other die-cutting machine.







2. Take your 3-sided scalloped piece and place it on the die with your scallops lined up inside the die.








3. Here is the finished piece! The final measurements are 4 3/8" X 3 1/2".







Here's the card I made with the first rectangle. It's just a quickie to show the size. I'll post another card using the Tempting Turquiose rectangle when I get it finished. :)

I'd love to see what you create with your rectangles! Make sure you leave me a comment with a link!

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Love Bug (Level 1 Hostess set). Ink- Green Galore, YoYo Yellow, Lovely Lilac, Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Real Red, Only Orange, Jet Black stazon. Paper- Lovely Lilac, YoYo Yellow, Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Whisper White. Accessories- Big Shot, Scalloped Square die, Scalloped Edge punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Great idea!

Nicole
www.undertheinkfluence.com

Jenn Picard said...

What a great idea! I just received notice that my order shipped and of course this die is in it! Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing