Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tri-shutter Tuesday

Happy Tuesday! Hey, it's not Monday anymore! :)

I found this really neat card on a few different blogs while I was browsing this weekend. I had to try one for myself. This is the result. It looks so complicated, but it's really easy to make.

I started out wi
th some nice, heavy Parisian Breeze DSP. I used Kraft for matting and Very Vanilla for stamping. My sentiments are from On Your Birthday. The cupcakes are from a Level 3 Hostess set that will be available July 1st. The cupcakes are side by side on the stamp, but I wanted them up and down so I stamped them one at a time. I used Ruby Red as an accent color. The ribbon and the Pretties Kit flower were dyed to match. I colored them first with my Sahara Sand marker. I thought it would be pretty close to Kraft, but it was actually a greenish color. ACK! I decided to color over that with my Creamy Caramel marker. Voila! I love the final color! IRL it is just a tad darker than Kraft, and the flower and ribbon are the same color. It looks darker in the picture for some reason.

If you'd like to try a tri-shutter card for yourself,
this is the tutorial I used.

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- On Your Birthday, The More the Merrier (sneak peek!). Ink- Sahara Sand, Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa. Paper- Very Vanilla, Kraft, Parisian Breeze. Accessories- Button Latte, Clear Rhinestone brad, Pretties Kit, Very Vanilla taffeta, Horizontal Slot punch.


Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

carolm said...

i think this adorable card should come to me. ;)

xoxo