Thursday, June 25, 2009

Soft Suede Sympathy

This is the 2nd post of the day. If you're looking for the UDI Inspiration Challenge, scroll down just a bit.

This card was made for my sisters' grandfather, Mike. His wife passed away last night. I will be going to visit this afternoon. I need to make my sisters both a card, too, but wanted to get his made right away.

Eva was a wonderful woman, and I am glad I knew her. She was my sisters' grandmother. (We're half-sisters biologically). I was able to see her just one month ago at my sister's baby shower. She looked wonderful. I am so shocked that she is gone. Mike and my sisters can take comfort in the fact that Sylvia (Mike's daughter and my sisters' mom who we lost to breast cancer on 1/11/01) was there to greet her.

Hug the ones you love!

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Thoughts and Prayers. Ink- Soft Suede. Paper- Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. Accessories- Large Oval punch, Scalloped Oval punch, Soft Suede ribbon (it's polka-dotted on the other side!).

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

carolm said...

lovely card, sad occasion.

xoxoxo

Maria Williams :) said...

how sad! I'm sorry for everyone's lost. Very comforting card.