Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cute & Cuddly Baby Card


Happy Saturday! I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!


I made this card for a baby shower my daughter and I will be attending tomorrow. The mom-to-be is having a boy, and it's her first. It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with my first child. He has been reminding me since the beginning of the year that this year he will be a teenager. His birthday isn't until the end of November, but it seems to be approaching so quickly! How can I be the mother of an almost-teenager!?? LOL Anyway...

I used my Big Shot and a couple different dies on the card. Love that thing! (Just wait until you see the new SU! catty and all the fabulous new Big Shot stuff! WooHoo!) The card base is a piece of Close to Cocoa cardstock. I stamped the teddy bear from Cute & Cuddly on a piece of watercolor paper that I cut into an oval with my Coluzzle, distressed with my Cutter Kit and sponged with Creamy Caramel ink. He is colored in with markers and a blender pen. I adhered the watercolor paper to a Scalloped Oval Frame cut with the Big Shot out of 2 different pieces of Parisian Breeze DSP. The sentiment is also stamped on watercolor paper. I punched it out with the Large Oval punch. I sponged Creamy Caramel on that piece, too. I then adhered it to a Scalloped Oval piece of DSP and then onto another larger Scalloped Oval piece. Guess what?! That is a sneak peek of a new set of dies! WooHoo! (Just click on the pic to get a better look at it!) There are four dies in the set, and they coordinate with 4 of SU!'s punches (heart, star, scalloped oval, and the new modern label). They are magnetic and can be used in the middle of the Movers and Shapers die from the current catalog! The fabulous thing is that they can be used to layer with the coordinating punches even without making an entire card! I just put a small piece of DSP on the die and ran the whole thing through the Big Shot! How cool is that?! The finishing touch on the card is a piece of Very Vanilla taffeta. I used my Horizontal Slot punch to make a little spot for the ribbon to go through the card.

I really like the final product. I hope the mom-to-be likes it, too!

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Cute and Cuddly. Ink- Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel. Paper- Watercolor paper, Close to Cocoa, Parisian Breeze DSP. Accessories- Big Shot, Scalloped Oval Frame, Magnetic Movers and Shapers (sneak peek!), Coluzzle, Scalloped Oval punch, Large Oval punch, Very Vanilla taffeta.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

carolm said...

this is sooooo cute. i love all of the ovals.

xoxoxo