Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Cherry of a Tote

Mr. Brown came to see me yesterday. He brought me a Circle Scissor Plus. (I finally caved! LOL) I love it! I didn't have any problems at all. I made 4 big ole circles in about 4 seconds! ;) I used those 4 circles to make a circle tote. These have been all over the internet, but I this is the first one I have created. I made it to coordinate with the Top Note purse in this post. My daughter just loves it, and uses it as a phone case.

I covered 2 Riding Hood Red circles with 2 Rockabilly DSP circles. I cut a little off the bottoms so that it would stand up on its own. Then I punched out the "handles" with the large oval punch. I framed them with a Riding Hood Red Scalloped Oval. I used a strip of Riding Hood Red and a strip of another pattern from the Rockabilly DSP to decorate the front. I colored the sentiment from Oval All in with my Ruby Red so that I could omit the word friend. I used an Ice Circle rhinestone brad in the center of the flower and adhered the sentiment piece with dimensionals. I used a piece of Kiwi Kiss ribbon to tie the handle closed. I didn't have any bags small enough to fit inside the circles (all mine are lunch sized LOL), so I cut out a Box #2 with my Big Shot. I just cut of the top flaps before I assembled it. I used Sticky Strip to adhere the circles to it so it won't fall apart.

Isn't it just the cutest? ;)

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Oval All. Ink- Ruby Red. Paper- Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Rockabilly DSP. Accessories- Big Shot, Box #2 die, Circle Scissor Plus, Large Oval and Scalloped Oval punches, Ice Circle rhinestone brad, Kiwi Kiss ribbon, dimensionals, Sticky Strip.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

rush8888 said...

these little totes/purses/containers seem to be the rage right now. i love your...the paper coordination!