Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Teacher Appreciation Week Gift



This project is for my daughter's teacher. She'll be giving it to Mrs. Boner (it's pronounced bonner!) one day next week. I found this great scratch pad holder on Connie Stewart's blog. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make one!

All you need is one piece of 8.5" X 11" cardstock. Cut one piece to 4" X 8.5" and the other to 7.5" X 6.25". Score the smaller piece at 1 3/8" on all sides. Snip the corners and fold into shape. This is the lid. Score the larger piece at 15/16" on all sides. Snip the corners and fold into shape. This will be the bottom. The lid slips over the bottom. I just love it! I cut some printer paper into 4 .25" X 5.5" pieces for the inside of the box. I hope my daughter's teacher likes it. I think I'm going to make one for my desk at work! Thanks, Connie, for sharing your brilliant idea! :)

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Lovely Letters. Paper- Groovy Guava (retired), Ruby Red, Ginger Blossom DSP (retired). Accessories- Groovy Guava ribbon (retired), Scallop Circle punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle punches, dimensionals, Sticky Strip.
Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

carolm said...

very cute!!!

xoxo

Dawn said...

The gift is so cute!! I want one now! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Rose said...

Very nice giftable item, I'll have to put that in my stash of ideas!!! Thanks for sharing.

Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.